Subject: Re: Moving ATADEBUG to kernel config file ?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Arnaud Lacombe <lists-netbsd@sigfpe.info>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/28/2006 17:27:18
On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 02:20:46PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > BTW, I also noticed that there are a lot of sub-option which
> > enable/disable, change the behaviour of debug output (such as
> > atadebug_mask and wdcdebug_wd_mask, but also pcmcia_verbose,
> > pcmciacis_debug ...). Unless error of my part, there is no easy access
> > interface for enabling/disabling them from userland without breaking
> > into DDB or change it at compilation time.
>
> You can change them with gdb --write and reboot (or use boot -d and
> patch it from ddb). Most of the time the usefull messages are printed
> before the kernel reaches single-user anyway ...
yes, but that's what I'd like to avoid (ie. rebooting). Having a few
sysctl to do this could be really useful and does not force a reboot.

In fact, I'm trying to know what happen when I mount a partition from a
CF card (and also what happen when I plug/unplug the card), thus, I need
only a small window of time with debug enabled.

regards,

Arnaud