Subject: Re: direct I/O again
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/28/2006 07:10:31
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 07:23:34PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Could you please move the branch base tag after updates? :-) You seem to
> have some vmspace changes showing up as diffs, when I expect they are
> already in the main tree.

the vmspace changes here are new ones.  struct uio used to have a
proc pointer, which I could pass to uvm_vslock().  now it only has
a vmspace pointer, so I had to change uvm_vslock() to adapt.
this really makes more sense anyway.

(there's also a "struct proc *b_proc" in struct buf, which should be
changed to a vmspace pointer also, if we want to be consistent about this.
looking at where this is used, I see this would also trickle down into
bus_dmamap_load() and various device drivers.  and then there's the
kern.buf sysctl goop.  oh boy, I'm not going there.)

-Chuck