Subject: Re: MTD devices in NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/2006 17:48:05
> So I'm going to provide a framework that works with NOR.  It will be
> up to someone else to do a NAND conversion layer.

I actually believe this is the right way to go.  I've found that I
often have to implement a half-dozen variations on a theme before I
have a clear handle on what the best way to abstract off the common
elements into common code is.

I've sometimes tried to abstract away ahead of time.  Occasionally this
has been successful.  More often I've had to scrap the design once I
have tried to implement everything I need on top of it, redesigning it
in view of the experience I've then gained.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign