Subject: Re: version of a kernel module? and modload man page
To: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/2006 17:52:33
On Thu 23 Mar 2006 at 08:14:46 -0800, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> If the /usr/src mounted under pkg_comp's chroot was -current, this would
> have happened - it's not the version of the running kernel, it's the
> version of the source tree the LKM is compiled against.  (specifically,
> src/sys/param.h)

Ah... that could be it!

But why doesn't the aperture package use <sys/param.h>, i.e.
/usr/include/sys/param.h ?  That would make more sense, since pkgsrc
isn't documented to allow cross-compilation, only native compilation.
(And when it does, some time in the future, that way it would really get
the cross-environment header file.) Not to mention that one needs the
kernel sources installed unnecessarily.

> +j
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.