Subject: Re: version of a kernel module? and modload man page
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@falu.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/2006 17:10:25
On Wed 22 Mar 2006 at 18:04:12 -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> LKM 'pf': kernel version mismatch - LKM 201000000, kernel 200000000

I recently got something like that, when I tried to load an aperture lkm
which I had compiled with pkg_comp. Strangely enough, it claimed that
the lkm was for version 399somethign while the system was 300zeros.
I don't quite understand where it got the 399* version number from,
since I had compiled it under the same kernel as the one was running.
The only thing that was 3.99+ (i.e. some -current) was the file server
where the chroot files were actually located.

Compiling again without pkg_comp make the issue go away. I'm puzzled
however how it could ever occur.

-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.