Subject: Re: MTD devices in NetBSD
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/22/2006 10:02:52
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2006, at 8:28 AM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>
>> Allen Briggs wrote:
>> That's a good idea, though I'd probably use properties for it.  Then
>> device_register() can define whatever properties are appropriate for the
>> platform.
>
> ...except what if the user changes it with "fis" in redboot?  This is
> not platform-specific, but often individual board specific.
>
> -- thorpej

The MD code needs to be able to figure this out.  If we can provide some
MI helper code that knows how to grok redboot, great.  But the fact that
*redboot* is being used on the flash is what is MD.

    -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191