Subject: Re: MTD devices in NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/22/2006 07:12:17
In message <4420FE78.3050000@tadpole.com>, "Garrett D'Amore" writes:
>Okay, I'm ready to start getting *serious* about supporting MTD (flash!)
>devices in NetBSD.

Cool!  I have a kernel which gets so far as claiming to have identified
a "flash0" device, although it doesn't do much with it.

>mainbus -> aubus -> cfiflash (via cfiflash_arbus.c) -> mtdbus -> mtd
>(and maybe ffs mounted on top of mtd)

This is pretty much what I'm doing.

>(And I'm especially interested in ideas from folks with experience with
>MTD devices, either under Linux or under either OS'.  I confess I've not
>looked into OpenBSD or FreeBSD yet, but I'm planning on doing that
>tomorrow.)

I am currently doing essentially what you describe above, only I'm not very
far on it, because I'm trying to find documentation which is not "the Linux
kernel source".

-s