Subject: Re: config_attach_pseudo(cfdata, aux)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/20/2006 14:42:06
> Am creating pseudo device instances and have some attach arguments
> that the device would like to see, but config_attach_pseudo() does
> not pass aux arguments through to the device attach routine as
> config_found() would.

> I can configure the device externally (I get the softc back and can
> twiddle it directly) but it seems cleaner for the device attach()
> routine to handle that.

I've always wondered why pseudo-devices don't attach to a "pseudo" bus,
one that has no hardware behind it and exists solely for pseudo-devices
to attach to.  That's what I did when I wanted to build a particular
flavour of pseudo-disk and discovered I needed it to have a struct
device for internal purposes.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign