Subject: Problems with HP NX6110 (USB, ACPI)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Radek Kujawa <radoslaw.kujawa@altkom.pl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/19/2006 12:54:27
Hi.
    I'm running NetBSD -current on HP NX6110 laptop. It makes very fast
and stable workstation, but there are some irritating glitches.
    - USB is not usable: Controllers are detected by kernel, they are
shown in dmesg. However, connecting any USB devices does nothing.
usbdevs output is weird too:

laptop-rkujawa: {19} sudo usbdevs
addr 1: I/O error
addr 2: I/O error
( ... )
addr 127: I/O error

    It's the same if I don't connect any USB device.

    I suspect that this is software problem - being afraid that my
laptop is broken I booted some linux livecd lying around (kernel 2.6)
and USB was working flawlessly.

    - When running 3.0 kernel with ACPI enabled, everything hangs in few
minutes. Completly. Hard reset is needed to make it work again. I'm not
even able to drop into ddb. Maybe I could use debugger onver serial
console, but this laptop doesn't have any serial ports... -current
kernel with ACPI doesn't even boot. It hangs before IDE drives detection.

I've built my -current kernels approx. two weeks ago. Today I updated
sources and rebulit it - nothing changed :[.

dmesg:
http://strim.aster.net.pl/stuff/HP_NX6110/HP_NX6110-NOACPI.dmesg.txt

kernel confs:
http://strim.aster.net.pl/stuff/HP_NX6110/HP_NX6110-NOACPI