Subject: isapnp_machdep.c and _KERNEL
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2006 22:18:06
While ASNI-fying the prep kernel code today, I came across isapnp_machdep.c,
which was more or less lifted from i386.  Lots of code in there is #ifdeffed
with _KERNEL.  Curious about this, I looked up that file in i386, and found
that it was added in rev 1.4 by "mikel":

wrap bus_space I/O tag checks with #ifdef DIAGNOSTIC.
wrap actual read port map/unmap with #ifdef _KERNEL, so userland probe
  code will still work.

Umm.. do we even still have that ability?  Can the ifdefs be nuked?  (assuming
we can, we should probably nuke it from all the lifted copies, as well as i386)

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/