Subject: Re: letting userland issue FUA writes
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2006 14:56:23
--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:04:11PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 07:53:24PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >=20
> > I don't know. It seems to me something similar to writev might work, wh=
ere
> > there is a flags field in iov. The problem I see is that there is no su=
ch
> > interface/api in POSIX and other people haven't had the need for this b=
efore.
>=20
> I think we should add an argument to pwritev -- or add another pwritev li=
ke
> call.

That was my thought. Or actually some write_with_flag and writev_with_flag=
=20
syscalls. One flag could fold in pwrite vs normal write, and another flag=
=20
could fold in FUA.

My initial desire, though, was to see if anyone had already done this. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS--