Subject: Re: hardware compatability Re: Linux emulation, binary software, cluster/grid and SMP
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/16/2006 11:28:32
In message <20060316173125.GA4713@sta.duo>"George Georgalis" writes
>On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 02:48:25PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer bwrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 05:58:06PM -0500, George Georgalis wrote:
>>>
>>> not completely sure, see http://galis.org/blade-penguincomputing/notes.html
>>
>>I didn't see the SATA controller in your screen shots, but with the BIOS
>>screen I think that's it
>
>I have some board photos I'll try to get online later today, it
>looks like the devices are on a
>
>ServerWorks
>SWCHT1000S03
>CC0534 P12
>EN5411 P

That looks like an HT-1000 to me. Manuel Bouyer added PCI-ID to
NetBSD-current to support the SATA ports after we discussed this last
week; but (last I looked) the IDE ports will require more work.

[...]

Another note: NetBSD-current has hooks for the bcm5780 in your Linux
boot messages, but I've never tried it personally. I'd also be
unsuprised if bcm5780 with integral 1000base-T PHY works fine, but a
real bcm5780S (1000base-X, or at least GBIC-signalling interconnect to
PHYs on your rear panel) had problems.