Subject: Re: CCISS support, anyone?
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@thebsh.sygroup.ch>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2006 16:59:35
First, thanks for pounding on this until it's stable.

I didn't see a section-4 manpage in there anywhere, so I took a quick
squint at the FreeBSD and OpenBSD ciss(4) man pages, after which I
have one minor documentation nit:

+ciss*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Common Interface for SCSI-3
+ciss*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Common Interface for SCSI-3 Support
+ciss*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Common Interface for SCSI-3 Support
+ciss*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Common Interface for SCSI-3
+# Common Interface for SCSI-3 Support

The comment `# Common Interface for SCSI-3 [Support]' seems
inappropriate to me; there's nothing "common" about this driver at
all, outside the context of particular Compaq RAID cards. So I think
the config-file comments should instead say something like

+ciss*  at pci? dev ? function ?        # Compaq SmartArray 5/6 RAID controller

If you do add a manpage, a cross-refererence to cac(4) might be
helpful.  (I think the OpenBSD manpage mistakenly listed some cac(4)
devices at one point, but I skimmed that so fast perhaps I misread
it.).

In message <20060315002221.GJ588@thebsh.sygroup-int.ch>Tonnerre LOMBARD writes