Subject: Re: wsmux inject
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/14/2006 23:17:12
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> With current code you can inject events into the mux for processes
> that read from the mux (as your hexdump exepriment demonstrates),
> e.g. you should be able to inject events for x server to read from the
> mux, but you cannot inject "terminal input" for /dev/ttyE*

Hm, I see..  (vaguely :)

> To feed terminal input from user space, you need a way to inject raw
> scancodes that need to end up being passed to wskbd_input.

Well, it seems that I could do that quite simply by creating a
WSKBDIO_INJECT ioctl in wskbd_displayioctl() though thats a bit of a
bodge..

I'm thinking it would likely be better to make a pseudo-device that would
attach as a wsbkdN when necessary, not sure if that will work as planned.

iain