Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Pierrick Brossin <pierrick@bs-network.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/2006 12:58:41
On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Pierrick Brossin wrote:
> When I enter the standby mode and wake it up I get:
>
> ACPI Error (utmutex-0419): Mutex [8] is not acquired, cannot release
> uhci1: host system error
> uhci1: host controller halted
> uhci0: host system error
> uhci0: host controller halted
>
> No more USB devices.

Powerhooks don't get run on S1 (standby).. maybe we should run them. I'm
working on fixing them to survive an S3, currently (uhci/ehci don't work
very well afterwords).

> When I try to enter the suspend mode I get the following message:
>
> acpi: cannot enter the sleep state (3).

This means your BIOS doesn't support the S3 state. The error message
should probably be made more clear.

> I attached the .aml file of acpidump (can you actually read those kind
> of files ?)

Does your system (apart from uhci) recover properly from S1? If so, I'd
say that's working fine for you. I'll check the acpidump output to see if
your system is supposed to support S3.

Cheers,
Jared