Subject: Re: issues with com and non-PCI platforms.... a proposal
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 13:01:16
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2006, at 7:39 PM, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>
>> Yes, there are parts that are *even slower* than 25 MHz, but they
>> probably aren't very interesting for running NetBSD.  (They probably
>> don't even have MMUs...)
>
> NetBSD supports a platform that:
>
> 1- Has a 16.67 MHz 68020
> 2- Has a 16450-compatible UART (with no FIFO)
> 3- Has an MMU ;-)
>
> -- thorpej
Okay.  I think there is consensus that if I provide a compile time
option so that on these ancient boxes the code path is no longer, then
its okay.   I'll probably do that.  Frankly, I'll probably just do it so
that the code path is only longer on those boxes that need it.  :-)

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191