Subject: Re: CVS commit: [elad-kernelauth] src/sys
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 22:26:08
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> which type of comments are you talking about?

The cosmetic ones... what I'm doing now is just the first step of making
everything work as it did, only with the kernel authorization framework.

That is why it may seem pointless to just replace suser() calls with
something else that has exactly the same meaning, but in the future this
will be easier to manage, be more consistent, and make sure all
privileged operations are going through a single subsystem.

> any comments on the branch?

All feedback is encouraged, especially constructive one like your
initial message -- a lot of the lock debugging was done after you
pointed it out.

Right now I narrowed down the list of "known bugs" to this:

% mail -s foo root
bar