Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 12:58:22
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> writes:

> It's not hung, it's sleeping (S1 shouldn't shut off the display or run
> any powerhooks).

Okay, that's good to know.

> > acpi0: power button pressed, shutting down!
> >
> > and it shuts down.
>
> How would you typically resume from sleep in Windows? My Dell requires
> me to press the power button, but I suppose if a duplicate event is
> being delivered to acpibut(4), this could be possible..

Haven't the foggiest; I inherited this machine with a broken Windows
installation and totally wiped it. I use it as an occasional portable
system and x86 hacking platform. I actually found myself puzzled by
this when it happened, and started pressing everything (and closing
and re-opening the lid) until the power button got a reaction out of
it.

I tried smb's suggestion of Fn, which I may not have tried before,
but it didn't react to that, either. Notably, to power up from suspend
mode, I just had to tap the power button; to get any reaction while in
sleep mode, I had to hold it for a couple of seconds.

        - Nathan