Subject: Re: Call for testing: ACPI standby/suspend support
To: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 11:41:16
"Jared D. McNeill" <jmcneill@invisible.ca> writes:

> PLEASE TEST THIS CODE! It's very simple, boot a kernel with these
> patches single-user, and run 'apm -d -z'. Report your results. If you
> can, provide patches to hardware device driver powerhooks. This is
> probably the biggest task involved with getting ACPI suspend/resume
> working properly.

On an IBM ThinkPad X20, I get these errors from the kernel with either
"apm -d -S" or "apm -d -z":

ACPI Error (evregion-0415): No handler for Region [ECOR] (0xc0aa7dc0) [EmbeddedControl]
ACPI Error (exfldio-0381): Region EmbeddedControl(3) has no handler
ACPI Error (psparse-0626): Method parse/execution failed [\_PTS] (Node 0xc0ab0680), AE_NOT_EXIST
acpi: failed preparing to sleep (AE_NOT_EXIST)

Suggestions? Are there any ACPI dumps that would be useful?

        - Nathan