Subject: Re: tape drive instrumentation round 2
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2006 09:34:32
On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 01:28:18PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Yes, we can know what stat types are available by looking at the mass of
> stats. But I think there also is value in directly knowing what stats are
> there.

One thought I did have is maybe if you wanted to only gather stats on
the nfs mounts you could do something like:

NAMES=`sysctl hw.iostatnames`
for drv in $NAMES
do
  if [ "`echo $drv | fgrep nfs`" != "" ]
  then
    TARGETS="$TARGETS $drv"
  fi
done

iostat -x $TARGETS

It is a bit of a stretch but without drivenames/iostatnames (whatever
it's called) then it would be very difficult to neatly do this
... yeah, sure, you could just grep the iostat output but that's not
as neat.

PS it's highly likely the fragment of shell script above is bugged...

--
Brett Lymn