Subject: Re: tape drive instrumentation round 2
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/08/2006 16:41:28
On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 02:19:12PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

> using a list of iostat when looking up a disk seems weird to me,
> esp. if it's visible to callers.

Well, the orignal code was written assuming that the disk list was
just a list of the disk driver internal structures linked onto a list
(this seems weird to link up driver internal structures but, oh well)

> maybe it was natural when its name was "drive" but...

I was thinking what I could do is make disk_find a wrapper around
drive_find and return the struct disk * iff the name found is a
DRV_DISK type.  This would mean that I don't need to modify the
autoconf stuff.

--
Brett Lymn