Subject: Re: hardware compatability Re: Linux emulation, binary software, cluster/grid and SMP
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/07/2006 13:35:43
In message <20060307212441.GB2905@antioche.eu.org>Manuel Bouyer writes
[...]

>> Given that it's a blade, where space is tight, I'd guess it
>> highly-integrated [sic] "southbridge", maybe an HT-1000.  What's a
>> Serverworks K2? Does your driver for the Severworks K2 support the
>> (sic) SATA-II ports on the HT-1000, or is it something completely
>> different?
>
>I don't really know, I would need the PCI ID in order to tell.
>I just reviewed and commited the driver, Joerg Sonnenberger sent it to
>me in private mail and tested my changes.

Hmm. Lopoking at  OpenBSD source, they added support for HT-1000 ide
and sata to their pciide.c on 2005-10-18:

    ~ pciide.c

  > Add some missing IDE/SATA interfaces..
  > - Via VT6421 SATA
  > - ServerWorks HT-1000 IDE
  > - ServerWorks Frodo4/Frodo8 and HT-1000 SATA
  > - NVidia NForce3 250 2nd channel, MCP04 and MCP51
  > ok grange@ (brad@)

The frodo4/frodo8/HT-1000 all seem to use the same chip map, but the
HT-1000 IDE uses the pre-existing "serverworks" chip map. So HT-1000
SATA should be easy to add (if we don't have it already?) using the
same PCI IDs as OpenBSD?