Subject: Re: how to recognize a USB modem?
To: None <>
From: Rui Paulo <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/04/2006 13:21:02
Hubert Feyrer <> writes:

> [please keep Robert Doerfler on CC:!]
> I have a E-Plus UMTS card here, that is not really recognized by
> NetBSD here, see dmesg below. My line of thinking is that the device
> shouled be attached as umodem instead of ugen, how do I do that?
> I have vendor and product ID from usbdevs output (see #2 below), and I
> can put it into usbdevs, but how id the mapping from vendor and
> product ID to the umodem driver done?

Are you sure this should be recognized as umodem ?
The umodem matches devices by their class, so if this should be
recognized as a umodem, the device class of that umts card can be
Also, that card may require special drivers (hence ugen).
If you still want to make umodem match that card, you should try
hacking USB_MATCH(umodem). Sorry, I have to go out right now and I
have no time to do it for you.

  Rui Paulo			<rpaulo@{NetBSD{,-PT}.org,}>