Subject: Re: Getting rid of BEEP_ONHALT_*
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/28/2006 09:01:04
On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:24:11PM -0800, Bill Studenmund wrote:
> Uhm, by that same train of thought, we should not have ddb.onpanic, since
> after all it is only used once. :-)

Heh, no, that realy is different. Yoy may change it to on when you have
console access and later back to off when you leave - and both changes could
make a difference.

>  What is the big deal with letting them change it?
> It's much cleaner than hacking options

I missed the point that Julio wanted to compile it into default kernels.

And I disagree that it is cleaner than hacking options in this particular
case - but that is just personal taste, I guess. Not worth any discussions.

Martin