Subject: Re: Generic configuration requests outside of config files?
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2006 17:35:40
On Feb 20, 2006, at 5:24 PM, Allen Briggs wrote:

> Bleh.  I just poked around a little and see that the 'dev_propdb'
> is already a MI global allocated in the configure() routine.
>
> This should probably be documented somewhere.  I didn't see it
> in a quick skim of propdb_create(9) autoconf(9) and config(9).

Actually, now (within the last couple of days), dev_propdb is private
and there are devprop_*() wrappers for this purpose.  You're right, a
lot of the autoconfiguration code needs better (or any)
documentation, and I am trying to clean some stuff up now that would
make writing this documentation easier (i.e. remove a ton of special
cases that the code has grown over the years).

-- thorpej