Subject: Re: INET6 in GENERIC
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/20/2006 19:26:34
>> *really* need v6.
> Sure. If every mac needs to be traced back [...]

> And I'm not the one calling my isp "Hey. I want TIA-compatible
> surveillance id obvious to the rest of the world, PLEASE."

Just because some of the crazier v6 proponents want to take 128 bits of
address and promptly throw half of them away (using them for autoconfig
instead of addressing) doesn't mean *you* have to.  My own v6 addresses
have nothing to do with my machines' MAC addresses (if any); my
upstream assigned me a /56 out of their /48 and I'm actually using all
of a /96 of it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign