Subject: Re: Adding Multiboot support (or not)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/14/2006 18:28:41
On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 07:25:29 -0800, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> It looks like this patch would fix defaulting to .text if .rodata
> isn't present... but in Pavel's case, .rodata IS (or had better be,
> at least) present, and link_set* still isn't getting placed
> in .rodata's output section.

In old ld docs there was some mentioning of how the order of sections
in the first .o file on the link line can affect the order of sections
in the output.  Since the first file is usually locore.o (w/out
.rodata), I wonder if that causes the problem.

[Just speculating, w/out looking at the code]

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen