Subject: Re: access to external proms for PCI#
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2006 11:18:53
Allen (or anyone else) -- any progress on this.  I'd love to get these
changes committed, as I need them for my radeonfb driver.  (Need to be
able to read BIOS to extract a few card-specific parameters, timings, etc.)

Thanks.

    -- Garrett

Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I have filed PR kern/32467, and have posted diffs (untested) at
> http://garrett.damore.org/software/netbsd/diff.32467
>
> These diffs are not tested, as I do not have a platform that uses this
> PCI support.  (I have similar changes in my Alchemy PCI support, but
> I've not posted those diffs yet -- too many other unmet dependencies at
> the moment, and I am trying to keep my diffs small enough to be reviewable.)
>
> I have verified that the cobalt port still builds (mostly because I
> already have mips build tools handy), but that is it.
>
> It would be good if folks with platforms that use PCI_NETBSD_CONFIGURE
> were to check my changes.  The diffs include changes for the
> pci_machdep.c code for a bunch of those platforms.  (The changes are
> relatively small, and should be easy to understand.)
>
> Thanks.
>
>     -- Garrett
>
> Allen Briggs wrote:
>

>> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:51:35PM -0800, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>>

>>> All, sorry to bring this up again, but I don't think we had a final
>>> consensus.  I would like to reach one so that I can submit a patch.
>>>

>> I am fine with your proposal.  I'd probably do the new PCI_CONF_DEFAULT
>> rather than have an _ALL that isn't.
>>
>> I can roll the change in next week, but I've got to leave town for a
>> couple of days right now for personal reasons.
>>
>> -allen

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191