Subject: an driver woes
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org, tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/09/2006 12:40:27
I have a machine with an 802.11 card that probes as:

  Aironet Wireless Communications MPI350 Mini-PCI Wireless LAN Adapter

but the "an" device does not attach it. I noted that this particular
variant wasn't listed in the driver.

Since similarly numbered parts seem to be fine, I wondered if the
issue was just the lack of the right values in if_an_pci.c. I
added it to the probe, but the result is:

  an0 at pci2 dev 2 function 0: Aironet Wireless Communications MPI350 Mini-PCI Wireless LAN Adapter
  pci_io_find: expected type i/o, found mem
  an0: unable to map registers

Anyone have any information or ideas? Is this part incompatible? Is
there stuff we need to pull from FreeBSD to make it work? Is there
something else wrong?

Perry