Subject: Re: wsevent cleanup
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/06/2006 12:55:56
YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:

>>> I think wseevent_free is a poor name (sonds like the free you do
>>> after malloc).
>>> Maybe wsevent_available()?
>>>
>> Excellent.  I also thought that free was inappropriate but couldn't
>> think of a better name :-)
>>

> to me, "inject" also sounds weird, given that what it does is
> the opposite of read.  i'd suggest enqueue or write.

IMO enqueue is better.  write has a specific connotation with respect to
user vs. devices.  (User programs write from application to device.  If
I understand, this is the reverse, where the device is sending events to
be picked up by the framework.)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding though.

    -- Garrett
> there is very old patch which does something similar.
> http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=12132
>
> YAMAMOTO Takashi

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/