Subject: Re: Multiboot support for review
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/01/2006 21:16:43
El 31/01/2006, a las 21:19, Julio M. Merino Vidal escribi=F3:

> - I think that this Multiboot thing is applicable to amd64 too,
>   although I'm not completely sure.  Could it be better to place
>   the new files (multiboot.[ch]) in x86 rather than in i386 so
>   that they do not have to be moved in the future if multiboot
>   support is added to amd64?  (It should be a matter of adapting
>   its locore.S file.)

I tried this today.  GRUB won't boot ELF64 images; there are some
patches in their bug tracking system to enable it and Multiboot to
support such files, but I guess they won't be applied to Legacy.

Better to stick to i386 only for now.  We can always generalize
this stuff in the future.

--=20
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/