Subject: Re: Musings on ddb..
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/30/2006 20:39:11
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:01:23PM +0600, Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> Well, for such installations just do not switch on the kernel option
> DDB_ONPANIC so server automatically reboots after panic. BTW in GENERIC by
> default it's off so if you changed it I guess you had some reasons to do so?

If I understood Darren correctly, that is not what he wants.  When he
is at home he wants the machine to drop to ddb so he can look at what
went wrong _but_ when he is half a planet away this is inconvenient so
he wants the machine to just reboot... without resorting to two
different kernels and booting between them.

--
Brett Lymn