Subject: Re: importing hotplug(4) and hotplugd(8) from OpenBSD
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Jachym Holecek <freza@liberouter.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/2006 23:51:19
Hello,

> I plan on looking at this again in the next few weeks (basically, as
> soon as my evenings are not consumed trying to finish up the final
> details of the remodel of my new house so I can get my family moved
> in...)
>
> The stuff that's there is fairly well-baked... but I want to spend
> some time thinking of any future-proofing we can do to it now, and
> potentially building up a sort of device registry that can be queried
> at any time.

I still have a few enhancements for this queued on my TODO list
(one of them is to make devmon(8) provide AF_LOCAL interface
so that other processes can get notified about events they selected
as "interesting"). Hopefully I can get back to this after I'm done
with NetBSD/evbppc/virtex4.

	-- Jachym Holecek