Subject: Re: importing hotplug(4) and hotplugd(8) from OpenBSD
To: Juan RP <juan@xtrarom.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/19/2006 10:10:06
On Jan 19, 2006, at 10:05 AM, Juan RP wrote:

> This devd daemon is very cool! thorpej has assigned the PRs to him,
> what's the state of this?

It did not go in for 3.0 because I didn't feel it was appropriate for
3.0 at the time.

I plan on looking at this again in the next few weeks (basically, as
soon as my evenings are not consumed trying to finish up the final
details of the remodel of my new house so I can get my family moved
in...)

The stuff that's there is fairly well-baked... but I want to spend
some time thinking of any future-proofing we can do to it now, and
potentially building up a sort of device registry that can be queried
at any time.

-- thorpej