Subject: Re: Linux emulation, binary software, cluster/grid and SMP
To: George Georgalis <george@galis.org>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/18/2006 12:18:32
George Georgalis wrote:

> The Intel fortran is an option we'd like to keep open as it could
> become a requirement. We presently use g77. The emulation system
> looks pretty slick, I only see suse in pkgsrc. What's the simplest
> way to do RedHat or Debian? I can imagine a few ways... I'm just
> looking for the big picture here. f2c sounds interesting too, will
> have to try that out.

I'm in the middle of working on a new pkgsrc framework to handle all the
emulation packages.  When it's committed (probably some time in
February), you'll be able to select the particular flavor of Linux
userland you want to install and run from pkgsrc.  If you're interested
in doing testing for this before it's committed, please drop me a note.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@pkgsrc.org>