Subject: Re: Panic in subr_pool:817
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/12/2006 23:17:36
--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:58:38AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > just now when stress testing UDF i got a panic in subr_pool:817 (pool_get).
> > Inspecting this line its a SCHED_ASSERT_UNLOCKED(). I dont have a trace
> > since the machine got wacky but in my recollection it was in vnode or buf
> > shortage and asked for a clean vnode. This vnode was then recycled from FFS
> > and then it got wrong.
>
> the panic means that someone is calling pool_get with sched_lock held.
> why do you think it's related to vnode or buf?

Another datapoint, propably related.

When i was stresstesting my UDF again with multiple processes accessing the
same directorytree simultaniously while transfering heaps of data from it
and printing heaps of data on the console while in the background a
compilation job was running, the copier suddenly got stuck on [vnode] and
all the other UDF accessing processes got stuck on the node translation
lock i inserted. Thus that can only mean that vget(vp, LK_EXCLUSIVE |
LK_INTERLOCK) got stuck in this or getnewvnode(). Could this be a sheduler
induced lock conflict? like recently seen on ftp.n.o ?

Reinoud

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e

--cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e--