Subject: Re: c99 in KNF?
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Chapman Flack <nblists@anastigmatix.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/11/2006 15:58:35
Jochen Kunz wrote:
> Please keep in mind that some parts of the system, i.e. the tools, are
> compiled with the native / system compiler on the build host. As not all
> host systems support C99 it would be a bad idea to make C99 a
> requirement.

I suppose the way I put the question was ambiguous - my bad.
I wasn't suggesting that KNF be changed to require c99
constructs - only whether the use of c99 constructs would be
considered un-KNF as it now stands. Presumably they could be
usable except in code that has to be bootstrapped by the host
compiler. Or they could be, except that vax still runs
gcc 2.95.3.  :(

-Chap