Subject: Re: Intel 82572EI based NICs
To: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@intostroy.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@Pescadero.dsg.stanford.edu>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/11/2006 10:17:01
In message <20060111174148.42ede885.mishka@intostroy.com>"Mike M. Volokhov" writes
>Hello,
>
>any chances that Intel PRO/1000 PT NICs* will be supported by NetBSD 3.x
>in near future? How about wm(4) driver?

Hardware is still not avaiable to mere mortals via retail channels.
(My own order has been backorderd since early November.)

OTOH, the necessary support is included in the Intel-supplied FreeBSD
em(4) driver, and has been merged into DragonflyBSD.  Diffs showing
the necessary changes are readily available from cvsweb. Reworking the
em(4) diffs into our wm(4) is not rocket-science.

So (unless Jason beats me to) it, I hope to have support in -current
hours after I receive hardware. Support should make it back to netbsd-3
after shakeout and a pullup request; call it a couple of weeks. Patches
can of course be made availble for earlier testing, if desired.