Subject: Re: Panic in subr_pool:817
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/10/2006 14:22:50
--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 10:58:38AM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> > just now when stress testing UDF i got a panic in subr_pool:817 (pool_get).
> > Inspecting this line its a SCHED_ASSERT_UNLOCKED(). I dont have a trace
> > since the machine got wacky but in my recollection it was in vnode or buf
> > shortage and asked for a clean vnode. This vnode was then recycled from FFS
> > and then it got wrong.
>
> the panic means that someone is calling pool_get with sched_lock held.
> why do you think it's related to vnode or buf?

I'm sorry for not writing down the trace. I thought it was related to
vnode's for the DDB trace showed it was tring to get a clean vnode by
disposing one of FFS's. Since it was during a big copy action buf's might
have been invalidated in the process. But i think its a vnode problem. I'll
try to recreate it.

Reinoud

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G

--k1lZvvs/B4yU6o8G--