Subject: Re: New patch (Re: RFC: addition of B_NESTED to buf.h and vfs_bio.c)
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <reinoud@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/07/2006 19:25:48
--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

Dear Takashi,

in a conversation with Greg we've concluded that since the struct buf is
currently in flux and iobuf's are just to be introduced its better to
implement the nestediobuf's in a less intrusive way.. I'll create a new
DIFF_BIO patch for that. The other patches don't have to changed.

The B_CALL semantics as cleaning up agent is still broken IMHO. I think
they really only envisioned async writings whereas its also used for async
reads.

with regards,
Reinoud

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4