Subject: Re: 3.0 pcmcia regressions?
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2006 08:36:39
On Jan 4,  1:15am, jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) wrote:

| } a similar patch fixes a few other devices, but not all of them. I
| } am ok for pulling this up to 3.0 as long as there is a big XXX comment
|
|      Just 3.0, or -current as well?

Just 3.0. For current we need to find out what is wrong...

| } next to it saying that this is a workaround to another problem.
|
|      Documented in doc/HACKS as well?
|
|      I don't know PCMCIA very well.  Can somebody provide a short
| description of the problem and what the patch does, please?

For HACKS in 3.0? Something like: On some cards the card align field
property value interferes with the rbus resource allocation causing
the card not to configure properly. Setting it to 0 fixes the problem
but it is not the proper solution. This is done on aic_pcmcia.c

christos