Subject: Re: 3.0 pcmcia regressions?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/04/2006 01:15:17
On May 25, 11:23pm, Christos Zoulas wrote:
} On Jan 3, 12:51am, jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) wrote:
}
} |      I suspect that my sponsor is leaving that part as an "exercise for
} | the student".  Anyways, here is the tested patch:
} |
} | The question is, although this is a gross hack, should it be applied to
} | -current and/or pulled up so that people can have a working card while
} | they wait for a real fix?  If so, I can take care of it.
}
} I did not mean it this way, but I was on vacation :-) I think that

     Ah okay.  It just seemed like you were being a bit coy...

} a similar patch fixes a few other devices, but not all of them. I
} am ok for pulling this up to 3.0 as long as there is a big XXX comment

     Just 3.0, or -current as well?

} next to it saying that this is a workaround to another problem.

     Documented in doc/HACKS as well?

     I don't know PCMCIA very well.  Can somebody provide a short
description of the problem and what the patch does, please?

}-- End of excerpt from Christos Zoulas