Subject: Re: yamt-uio_vmspace branch
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@sarna.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/01/2006 18:28:47
> (assuming that the macro returns uio->uio_procp)
>
> - if it's used to describe an address space, use uio->uio_vmspace instead.
> - otherwise, it's an abuse.  use the correct one instead.  eg. curproc.

It looks like it does b) already, at least in some places, for
__APPLE__. Though I wonder if that was all that was all that was wanted
why it wasn't a get_current_thread() macro instead of uio-based...

Love, can you shed any light on this, and wether simply defining the
macro to be curlwp->l_proc is sufficient?

Thanks