Subject: BCM43XX driver, was: Re: Including NDIS in NetBSD
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch@kollasch.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/29/2005 20:46:58
--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 02:08:56PM -0600, David Young wrote:
> BTW, there is now an open-source Linux driver for the Broadcom chip.
> I will write a driver if somebody will send me "clean room" register
> set definitions and descriptor ring formats, and a radio that is known
> to work with the Linux driver.

See http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2005/12/15/0000.html.  Or
is the reference there not clean enough?  I got an off-list reply to
that post saying OpenBSD is working on a driver (bcw(4)).  (They also
said a nForce ethernet driver is in the works.)

	Jonathan Kollasch

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A

--iVCmgExH7+hIHJ1A--