Subject: Re: Adding Multiboot support (or not)
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84@gmail.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/29/2005 10:04:39
--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

On Wed, Dec 28, 2005 at 05:25:34PM +0100, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

[snip]

> Note that this does not change the traditional boot process at all and

Ok, you've gotten positive feedback. I'll chime in. I like the change, and=
=20
the sentence above is the clincher for me. :-)

The only complexity we would be adding is that we now have to validate two=
=20
entry points (and whatever code differs until the boot paths merge). While=
=20
technically a concern, I don't think it'll be a big deal.

Take care,

Bill

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9

--gj572EiMnwbLXET9--