Subject: Re: radeon driver design (was Re: generic virtual consoles)
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/28/2005 01:36:24
> I'm also a little reassured that no one has found serious flaws with
> my design, only refinements.  It sounds like this is the way for me
> to proceed.

Well, I would really hate to have to do an ioctl every time I want to
draw a line, or display a character, or, or, or...that kernel/user
crossing penalty is a real performance killer.

It wasn't clear to me whether your design allowed batching across the
kernel/user interface or not, but if not, *I* see that as a flaw.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign