Subject: Re: >2T filesystems, redux
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Bill Studenmund <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2005 17:04:21

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 12:44:40PM -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> Some of you may recall that I've been playing with filesystems over 2T
> recently.

> Any thoughts on how to make this work?  I can probably use the
> filesystem for more testing for a few days, but if I can't resolve this
> within a week or so it'll probably have to go back into production as
> two smaller filesystems - the space we're using in its stead right now
> is a bit too small, and is getting full.

Last I heard, you were trying this with 2.0 or some flaver there-of. If=20
that is not so, please ignore what I'm about to say.

My understanding is that there were a number of 2 TB issues in the ffs=20
code in 2.0, which have since been fixed. I think you may have better luck=
trying with 3.0.

Take care,