Subject: Re: Bluetooth protocol code
To: None <tech-kern@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2005 16:39:09
On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 05:11:35 -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> > On the readability side however, I encoutered few issues in our
> > kernel code like e.g:
>
> > int
> > foo(bar, dfg, fwd, ffg, nitems, nsize, alignment)
> > 	int bar;
> > 	int dfg;
> > 	int ffg;
> > 	int nsize;
> > 	int nitems;
> > 	int alignment;
>
> Just a note - this is *not* ANSI style.  The ANSI way would be (to
> more-or-less preserve the visual layout)

I know this is not ANSI.  And you didn't notice the *real* problem
with that example: it misses one argument from the K&R argument
declarations block (since it defaults to int, the compiler is silent),
and it has two arguments swapped there (again, since the order is not
important, the compiler is silent).

So if someone looks at the argument declarations block for reference
on the signature, he can be in for a surprise.

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen