Subject: Re: kern/32342: OpenBSD firmware loading framework
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/19/2005 22:20:41
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> We should look into porting the OpenBSD firmware loadng framework.

I looked at this, it basically consists of a function load_firmware() that
loads a named file (from /etc/firmware) into dynamically allocated memory.
I have ported it and I would prefer this to the helper application that I
wrote the other day as its automagic. I have submitted this via send-pr as
its kind of unrelated to bluetooth, see:

	http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=32342

for details..

I dont know enough about the whole vnode thing to know if it does it the
correct NetBSD way but it works just fine as is.

iain