Subject: Re: mesh driver bugfix
To: Michael Lorenz <macallan@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/17/2005 19:34:40
--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 06:42:08PM -0500, Michael Lorenz wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > > I'm not sure how far we should trust it - my gut feeling says this
> > > will expose other problems. In my opinion it should be mentioned
> > > but let's not rush anywhere without some thorough testing, after all
> > > this isn't really a lifesaver. Mesh without it works more or less,
> > > quirks and workarounds are pretty well known. With it - who knows.
> > > Works for   me but
> > > that doesn't mean anything.

While I agree with your caution, I don't think that starting to correctly=
=20
handle SCSI status will cause more problems than not. It make make more=20
problems visible than not, but I think that's a matter of visibility, not=
=20
reality.

It's too late for 3.0, but this change certainly should go into 3.1, and=20
3.0.x there after. And be noted.

> > It's a pretty obvious and serious bug -- no SCSI status is ever =20
> > returned without the fix (or random garbage).  It should be pulled up.
>=20
> You're the expert.
> So I'll request pullup 'approved by thorpej' ?

Should be fine. Just send the request. :-)

Take care,

Bill

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--